Monday, February 6, 2012

Dear John

Dear John,

I don't think it's bad to say that I was surprised at how much I missed you this weekend. I loved getting away with the ladies, but I realized all over again that your are indeed the other half of me. You are the rock in our marriage; you keep me grounded. You are a source of courage and confidence. You get me :) Thank you for taking the time to know me like no one else, to love me like you need me, and to snuggle with me at 5:30 am when your alarm goes off and you don't want to get up yet. I'll be praying for you as I wash your pink football jersey today. I know you are tired at work after a long weekend, but I am so thankful that God has given you a heart to serve and a desire to pour into other men. Thank you for being a man and driving over an hour everyday to provide for our family (even though I try to tempt you to stay home with me). I pray that you are energized today and that He gives you some sweet opportunities to represent Him at work. Thank you for being my partner, especially in ministry and ESPECIALLY in the ministry of parenthood. I hope you know how much your son missed you this weekend. He's only 11 months, and it's already obvious that he looks up to you. You already hold a special place in his heart. He must take after his mama. Thank you for being such a good daddy. Thank you my sweet blessing of a husband for being just that. I can't wait to see you tonight. In case you miss us, Rowan and I will be the loners in the stands cheering on our favorite man in pink. One of us will probably have applesauce on our face.

Love,
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. You are such special person and we are so blessed to have you in our lives. John is pretty awesome, too! Don't worry, Rowan is also awesome. And so is the sweet girl that will be making her DeLuca debut soon. Which speaking of her, does our niece have a name yet?

    ReplyDelete