Saturday, February 11, 2012

P90X and Chocolate Cake...seriously, that's what this is about.

This is what I did today.


I made this chocolate cake s'more thing in my microwave and then I unceremoniously scarfed it down in front of Rowan while he drank his lunch-time bottle. 

I. Love. S'mores. I saw this treat on the Sweet Things blog a few days ago (which I highly recommend to anyone who remotely enjoys food), and it has been sitting in my brain, incepting thoughts about creating an ooey gooey, melty, chocolatey, marshmallow masterpiece. 

I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to try it again because it came out significantly less melty than I wanted and a little dry. Don't worry, I'm not one to give up on chocolate and marshmallows. 

In other news, this is what John did today.



The stark contrast between our afternoon activities hit me while I was removing my molten chocolate cake from the microwave. And it really didn't seem to bother me.

My dear sweet hubby has jumped on the P90X bandwagon. Actually, it's more like a fully armored tank,  complete with rockets and nuclear weapons than it is a wagon. It is intense, and I couldn't be prouder of him. I literally had an asthma attack yesterday watching him do the workout. Ok, well maybe not literally, but in my mind, I was definitely having trouble keeping up.

Now, I am 100% on board with playing the supportive wife role as John journeys through 90 days with his torture machine. I'm cooking healthy, not eating junk food in front of him unnecessarily, keeping Rowan from getting trampled by weights and flying limbs etc. But, sometimes, pregnant Ashley absolutely dominates supportive wife Ashley and today was one of those days. So I didn't feel too bad standing in the kitchen, eating my mug full of chocolate cake s'more, watching John suck wind through the last grueling minutes of his workout (just so we're clear, John was "sucking wind" after like an hour of a workout that I'm pretty sure would kill me....literally....someone would have to pick me up off the floor and resuscitate me.....probably using those paddle thingies......(shudder) I always forget how much those things creep me out). Anywho, I fell in love with my husband all over again when I heard him yell from the other room, "No Tony, YOU pick up the pace." I just smiled and enjoyed another bite of cake. 

Ahhhh the things I love about Saturdays at home. :)


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the most glorious writer of all time! You, my daughter, have quickly become my favorite author! I love your charming wit and your ability to always make me laugh out loud, really loud!! You are so entertaining! I love you and will be anxiously awaiting your next one : )

    ReplyDelete