Wednesday, February 8, 2012

T-Minus 5 weeks!

We are getting so close to baby #2 making her big debut that I can almost smell the baby powder and Boudreaux's Butt Paste. Or I forgot to wash my hands after changing Rowan. Let's be real, that's probably likely. Whose idea was it to have back to back babies??

I drift in and out of the nesting phase (yes that is a real thing), which pretty much means I go back and forth between preemptively cleaning our house, and just trying to keep up with the mess of the four people currently living here. Tiring? Some days yes, some days not so much. Today is a not so much day. You know, one of those very rare days in which I'm motivated by the thought of organizing the baking shelf in our cabinet. That's right, baking shelf. Bet you never thought I'd have one of those, huh? Anyway, it's one of those days where it feels good to get stuff done.

So I've been thinking a lot about our babies' rooms. We'll be able to start setting up and decorating this weekend which I'm super excited about! I feel like we have some fun ideas, it will just be a matter of making them happen....and finding a cost effective way of doing that. Thrift store anyone? Here are some thoughts we've had so far:

1. We love yellow.


Which means it will probably end up on a wall or two.


2. We love this tree.


Bought the shelves awhile back, now we just need to figure out how to get it from this picture to our wall.

3. I have some of these laying (lying?) around...why not put them to good use?


But yellow (obviously). :)

When we had Rowan we were living in a tiny one bedroom apartment. Needless to say, he didn't get any kind of fanfare when it came to getting his room ready. Mainly because "his room" consisted of a pack 'n play set up next to our bed. Ahhh the good ole days. :) Anywho, my point is, it seems incredibly unfair for baby girl to have her own decorating scheme and Rowan to have no such thing. Therefore we are currently on the look out for baby boy inspiration. I can feel my little interior designer bones tingling (all two them). Best laid plans, people, best laid plans.





No comments:

Post a Comment