Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mama, I'm comin home!

For the past 6 weeks, my hard-working hubby has had his nose to the grindstone 7 days a week, 12-13 hours a day. Needless to say, we briefly forgot what each other looked like, and I think Rowan forgot that John actually lived with us.

Now, that is all coming to an end. In exactly one and one half more days, the aforementioned breadwinner will return from his life of drudgery and rotating equipment (which somehow he actually enjoys) and will join the world of the living. Friday we're leaving for a much-needed stint in the good, ole midwest -- the Land of Lincoln to be precise. That's right, for the first time in three years, I will actually be seeing the Cookson family on Thanksgiving (eeee!).

Personally, I'm looking forward to some real-live cold weather, trees that have actually changed color (even though the leaves will be well past gone by now), watching the Macy's parade with my mom - we do this every year while we're making Thanksgiving lunch/dinner (you know those two meals are one giant food coma blur), and sharing some new fall recipes I've been trying; more to come on that later.

Equally exciting is the prospect of a potential baby-less date night...maybe even a....dare I speak it....a movie IN THE THEATER?! And of course, there is nothing more exciting than getting to spend some quality time with our very-missed family. We love you guys and we'll see you SOON! (eeee!)

I'd love to hear about our friends' Thanksgiving plans! Anybody else traveling this year??

1 comment:

  1. Give me a call sometime and remind me when you guys will be around. Maybe you could make a trip to Champaign or we could make a trip over to Springfield. We'd love to see you :)

    ReplyDelete