1. This world is temporary. God and the souls of men are not.
2. Remaining faithful during trials is a way to love God.
3. God does not tempt.
4. Temptation comes from the innate desires of our flesh.
5. This means that our flesh will naturally lead us to death (kind of depressing if you think about it - but exhilarating when you pair it with the hope promised in Jesus).
6. Every good thing comes from God.
7. God never changes.
Where I learned these things (again):
What I'm wondering:
1. How do you stop an innate desire from morphing into sin? Through submitting it to the Spirit? Daily dying to the flesh? Spiritual breathing?
2. What is it in us that is so prone to (ultimate) self-destruction?
What I want to know more about:
"Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of first fruits of His creatures." (1:18)
God's Word has found me again today :) Thank you Lord.